Twist Collective Blog
Five Questions with Mari Muinonen
Mari Muinonen is today's featured designer in our Five for Five interview series; you can follow the whole series here. She has contributed six whimsical patterns to our pages. Her design sense is playful and innovative, making her designs just plain fun.
1. What's your favorite design you did for Twist Collective and why?
I have to say that my favourite design is Sylvi. I love to see many variations of it all over the knitting world and see how people make it their own. Sylvi was inspired by my grandmother, who will soon be happily celebrating her 94th birthday.
2. If you could go back in time to when you started designing, what advice would you give yourself?
Make notes girl, make notes all the time!
3. What is your worst knitting habit?
Losing my needles! Really, my sofa is like a needle case. I have sat on more than a few needles. Another bad habit that I have thankfully broken, was to buy one or two skeins beatiful yarn. I have quite a stash of those odd balls.
4. Tell us about a job you've had in the past that would amuse or surprise people who don't know you.
My job as a designer is the one that surprises most people who know me :). I'm teacher do a lot of work around information and communications technology, so this "softer side" of me is a suprise to my co-workers.
5. Finish this sentence: If everyone knew how to knit...
Houses would have a built in yarn room between the living room and kitchen.